Chief Financial Officer, Maynooth University
We recently managed the appointment of Chief Financial Officer to the leadership team of Maynooth University. Please go to Current Opportunities to discover our latest assignments.
Maynooth University, a place of research and learning for over 16,000 students and almost 1,300 staff, is one of the fastest growing third level institutions on the island of Ireland, with ambitious plans for the future of its campus. To ensure its continued success, and to enable Maynooth University to fulfil its ambitious future plans, the University is seeking to appoint a Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Reporting to the Bursar & Secretary and working closely with the Senior Officers of the University the CFO is a member of the senior executive team sharing collective responsibility for setting strategic objectives. The CFO is accountable for the financial strategy of the University, leading the effective prioritisation of revenue and capital allocation and driving financial and operating performance.
The CFO will sustain a culture of high performance and customer service with clearly articulated and agreed goals and will challenge the status quo in the planning and delivery of services, driving improvement and introducing new ways of working. With unprecedented change in the higher education sector, this is an opportunity for an imaginative and ambitious board level finance professional to play a leadership role in shaping the future of Maynooth University, ensuring its continued success on the national and global stage.
• Applicants must hold a professional accounting qualification, with membership of a recognised accounting body, together with having a minimum of 10 years’ experience at a senior management level in a similar large complex environment.
• Successfully led a significant business change programme, establishing a high performing finance team and corresponding culture.
• Played a proactive role in identifying and developing strategic options and plans which have allowed a business/organisation to maximise its revenue and growth opportunities.
• Successfully contributed to the delivery of major projects with an appreciation of ROI.
• Empathy with the academic ethos of the university as a public service and an appreciation of the external environment in which the university operates.
Lansdowne Executive Search has been retained by Maynooth University to manage this recruitment process.
For further information, including details on how to apply please contact Seán McDonagh, Partner, Lansdowne Executive Search on email@example.com or 087 7961062.
Candidates for this post will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes.
Maynooth University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourages applications under all 9 grounds of the Employment Equality Acts.